Technical Support Contacts
North America, or call 1-800-872-4159 | Mexico | Latin America | Europe | Japan | South East Asia | Central Asia, Middle East, Africa | Oceania
Got a product suggestion? Let us know!

PLEASE NOTE:
Effective Monday June 20th, 2011, we have moved our forum services to a new host.
User registration has already been closed and these forums are available as 'read-only'. For more information, please see our announcement posting.
If you require immediate technical assistance, please use the links above.

PioneerDJ Home Forums Home
    Pioneer ProDJ Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Pioneer Related  Hop To Forums  Mixers    DJM 2000 Vs DJM 900 NEXUS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
DJM 2000 Vs DJM 900 NEXUS
 Login/Join 
Pioneer Newbie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
There is no shop where i can see and touch 2000 and 900

Thats why will be very appreciated what is the difference
Pioneer Newbie
I have been wondering what the Djm 900 had over the Djm 2000 this is what I found out from searching.

1. The Djm 900 nexus sound card is full midi routable the Djm 2000 sound card is not.

2. Djm 900 has quantinized feature vs Djm 2000 so far does not.

3. Won't get into detail on the effects but other than Djm's 900 spiral,melodic,dub echo and space vs DJm's 2000 jet,zip,full range high pass filter,full range low pass filter and multi tap delay all the other affects are pretty much the same.

4. Djm 900 has one link input vs Djm 2000 has 6 link inputs.

5. Djm 900 nexus channel faders and cross fader has cap locks so it is less likely to come off Unintentionally when mixing also all faders have a high performance upgrade for longevity and minimizes dust and moisture.

6. Djm 900 nexus has x-pad vs Djm 2000 x-y touch screen but I believe a better comparison would be the Djm 900 x-pad vs Djm 2000 instant time buttons such as the 1/4,1/2 ect.

This is basically all the features the djm 900 has over the djm 2000. I think we all know that the Djm 2000 has a couple of cool features that it has over the Djm 900 the three main features are the 7 frequency touch screen channel faders for better blending. ALso the Djm 2000 has a remix section and a 8 second sampler.

Hope this helps as it is hard sometimes to get answeres in these forums but you learn alote aswell.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJ NVASION,
Resident DJ
Picture of Morgo
quote:
1. The Djm 900 nexus is full midi routable the Djm 2000 is not.

I think you will find the 2000 is. It's the sound card on the 900 that is fully routable. And the 2000 is not.
Pioneer Newbie
Thanks guys. ))) helps a lot.
Pioneer Newbie
But what model will you choose now?
If you dont really need a fuly routeble midi.

Only vinyl and cd use no computer use.
I like effects ))))

Your choice?
Resident DJ
Picture of Morgo
I got the 2000 and now the 900 is out I would still buy the 2000. After using the 800 for years I like how the 2000 is set out no crappy little knob to change effects but lit up bottons I love it. And the touch screen is sweet too.
Guest DJ
i would have to say the 2000 is a superior mixer.. and the people who say the 900 will be a club standard therefore they MUST have a 900 need to think twice

the current price point for the 2000 puts it about 200 more than the 900 and for that $200 you get a whole hell of a lot more, i won't even start the list..

now think about this.. most clubs who cater to bigger names already have 2000 as standard at least down here.. if they get a 900 then great! they'll have both 900 and 2000 as djs who rely on 2000 for tricks will not be happy with a 900.. if the venue still has a 800 well the chances of them getting a 900 any time soon is slim anyways..

i see most nicer clubs will be having both 900 and 2000 hooked up for your pleasure
Pioneer Newbie
Tryptomine just from what you just stated about loving alote of effects and not needing a fully routable sound card the way to go for you is the Djm 2000. I suggest before you get one that you actually try it hands on for a bit before making the purchase. The reason is the Djm 2000 layout takes some getting use to and may not be for everyone when it comes to actually utilizing certain features. But like any mixer you own it and you practise the features and become a master at using them.
Pioneer Newbie
Just checked
Djm900 have 13 effects and Midi lfo + 6 sound color fx

Djm2000 have 11 effects and 6 inst fx
Is it means djm2000 doesnt have flanger ?
And it have less effects than djm900?

Really i like more 2000 how it looks and other stuff taht you have like efx control in the middle but less effects(((
Guest DJ
who uses flanger still haha.. worst effect ever.. that and phaser.. if you want to add cheese to your mix.. flanger and phaser are must
Pioneer Newbie
I mean 2000 have less effects 11 and 900 have 13
Resident DJ
Picture of Morgo
I just counted 24 on the 2000 the on the beat effects you have the Low Mid and High knob so you could times the beat effects times three.
Resident DJ
Picture of Morgo
Plus the colour effects have deth knob on the 2000 and the timing buttons for the beat effects are cool you can jump from 1/4 to 1/1 to 1/2 and so on very easy. Wait there more lol the Frequency Mix. Smiler
Pioneer Newbie
quote:
Originally posted by Tryptomine:
Just checked
Djm900 have 13 effects and Midi lfo + 6 sound color fx

Djm2000 have 11 effects and 6 inst fx
Is it means djm2000 doesnt have flanger ?
And it have less effects than djm900?

Really i like more 2000 how it looks and other stuff taht you have like efx control in the middle but less effects(((

It does have a Flanger but it goes by it's old school name Jet. The effect is actually better on a 2000 because you have full control over the instant effect vs doing it over a count of beats.
Pioneer Newbie
Did we have to go and give the nexus the one good frequency remix option. Sometimes gate and sampler are nice, but side chain remix pitch shifting is easily the most usable effect. Am I right that in the demo video for the 900 the pitch effect has been effectively renamed. Honestly pioneer you have a winner with either but dropping 4k to have access to both, annoying.

When I look at my 2000 I think 2k dollars for frequency beat effects, yeah it's worth it. But let's not kid ourselves the 900 should be the flagship mixer and should probably cost more. In using both you can easily feel the production usability of the younger sibling. The 2000 is much like an experiment, couldn't you tell the oscillators on the frequency remix sucked before it went to market? It probably will cost more down the line.
Pioneer Newbie
I had my heart set on a DJM-2000 for a few months now. But last night I realized... DJM-900 is the way to go.
Guest DJ
The 2000 is sick! No complaints. Not much to get used to, especially if one has used the efx units separately. It's just all in one easy to use piece of kit. The 900, looks nice too. I still would have bought the 2000. Just waiting on that update lol
Resident DJ
Picture of Morgo
Yeah an up date for the 2000 would be good but I'd say they will wait till they sell more 900s first lol.
Guest DJ
Yeah probably. I'm not overly concerned about it. Would just be nice haha.