Technical Support Contacts
North America, or call 1-800-872-4159 | Mexico | Latin America | Europe | Japan | South East Asia | Central Asia, Middle East, Africa | Oceania
Got a product suggestion? Let us know!

PLEASE NOTE:
Effective Monday June 20th, 2011, we have moved our forum services to a new host.
User registration has already been closed and these forums are available as 'read-only'. For more information, please see our announcement posting.
If you require immediate technical assistance, please use the links above.

PioneerDJ Home Forums Home
    Pioneer ProDJ Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Pioneer Related  Hop To Forums  Pioneer Mishmash    buying dj equipment in Japan

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
buying dj equipment in Japan
 Login/Join 
<robindesbois>
posted   Report This Post  
Hi. I am an aspiring DJ, who works and lives in Taiwan. I am going to Okinawa for the weekend, and I would like to know if buying Japanese DJ equipment in Japan is much cheaper than in the US/Canada. Can you suggest and stores that may have outlets in Okinawa?

Thanks

Robin Turner

<DJZITRO>
Hi! welcome to the Pioneer board. Definitely! I would advise you to buy your equipment in Japan coz it would be much cheaper as compared to buying it in the US. I'm from the Philippines and I got mine way lower than the price postedin the board and at the other online shops. You don't need to doubt the quality coz its from Japan and its where they do the research. Hope this helps you.
<Mattman>
It depends on where you go - I never found any Pioneer equipement in Tokyo or Nagoya that was near the prices in NYC's shops. Much more expensive than the US. Maybe Zitro can tell you where it was so cheap. Also Okinawa is not near any of the major electronics centers in Japan - it's most likely not going to be cheaper than any other part of Japan (unless you have access to a US military base). The exchange rates/ and the prices that local markets can bear play more into pricing than where the item is made.
Pioneer Fanatic
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
robindesbois,

Thnx for your posting and welcome to the board. One of the rules, however, is that we don't discuss pricing. Doing so, would turn this board into some sort of meat market. Best bet is to what the others of us have to do and shop around.

Thnx again,
Brian B.
Pioneer USA